Friday 13 October 2017

Drafting and Planning:Choice of Genre and intial ideas/plot


Filming for our moving image project will begin soon and will have to be wrapped up before Christmas. Therefore I had to come up with the plot and the definite plot line for the film as soon as I could. I had one idea that I particularly liked for the action genre, so I've decided to go into further depth and discuss my idea. Prior to this blog I discussed with my teacher the plot and told me to add a motive for the antagonist's actions.

-Based after a nuclear war the setting of the trailer is in a wasteland dictated by bandits and those who survived the blast. Due to the harmful radiation creatures may have mutated making the environment much more deadly

-The plot revolves around the main character whose brother has been abducted by a group of bandits due to his technical genius. The bandits require to him to build a weapon which will allow them to govern the wasteland to their will.

-It will begin with a shot of the setting then the main character coming into shot moments after his brother is abducted. there will be a narrative along with this. a long shot will then be used of the protagonist walking down a road. clearly injured from his encounter with the bandits.

- eventually he will encounter another group of survivors who he will make allies with. There are already 5 members of this group and they are vastly different from one another creating tension and perhaps some comedy throughout. With the protagonist joining this makes 6 members.

- He is introduced to each member of the team and then is allowed to reveal to them the importance of getting his brother back. However these survivors have a problem of their own. The leader of the saviours warns the protagonist that the bandits and radiation are the least of his worries and that a mutated behemoth stalks the wasteland that has been hunting them consistently with the leader saying "A month ago there were 20 of us, yesterday there were 8, now we are 5". This will Create some terrifying moments for the survivors and bandits alike

-After convincing them to embark and assist him with his journey they set out to hunt the bandits whilst they are being hunted themselves.


This is just my synopsis on a basic level to allow the reader to get the jist of it. I will be doing a presentation in front of my class which will allow me to get feedback and advice from others.




The main protagonists also greatly remind me of the Guardians of the Galaxy as they are also a group with variation and different skills

No comments:

Post a Comment