Saturday 24 February 2018

Drafting and planning: Empire Magazine Cover Development

I have started creating my magazine cover for my film. In my previous blog post I have decided to use a black masthead as this goes better with my colour scheme. I have decided to add a red background to the Empire logo to help it stand out more but also because i really like this idea of having this on my magazine. I have decided to us the Balloonist Font for my cover lines etc because i think this makes the magazine looks realistic and is the only typography that i could find that i thought made it look like real magazine.
I saw this in the Spider Homecoming Empire magazine and thought it was something i would like to incorporate. Spider-man has a similar colour scheme and pulls using the masthead background off well. I also like how the cover lines are organised in this shot with the backgrounds which means they can stand out from the main images and draw the reader's attention giving them their own unique look. 


As you can see I have used a background on my cover lines which I like a lot. It make them stand out and makes them separate from the background so they don't blend in or a less visible but draws the audience's attention to them. My main image will have the background of a forest which will go well with this magazine cover. I have also added a skyline to the magazine. 


Adding this skyline makes the magazine more realistic and allows me to construct a date for my films release as the films and the when the magazine should be released. All films should be released around the same time however I intend to make my magazine an April release. However that means that 'Ready player One' cannot feature as a cover-line on my magazine as it is released in march and wouldn't appear on the cover due to it being already released however the rest are released in May therefore they are suitable for this magazine month and perhaps i should make the magazine a may edition. 

Overall i am pleased with my beginning development and I will experiment with the various photos taken to see which will fit the best. I will look at my research again to add more conventions to my magazine such as puffs and pugs. 






No comments:

Post a Comment