Saturday 21 October 2017

Organisation: Costumes

Now I have researched into what makes an Antagonist and Protagonist successful I have decided what costumes I want to use to create a successful portrayal and characterisation of these characters. For each character I should incorporate the common traits found on that specific character type. For this I will be using my research to aid me in correctly creating an effective portrayal. I will talk about other characters in this post giving a generic idea of what their appearance will look like. To begin i will list what the appearance will look like and what i want this to connote to the audience. 

Antagonist

 - A distinctive feature is something that separates him from other characters and makes him stand out as the antagonist. I intend to use make-up to create either a Scar or a Skull over the face of the antagonist as this creates an intimidating appearance with the connotation of a dangerous individual. From my research I found that antagonists have a distinctive feature. Either through costume or injury.





- Clothing is also another important quality for an antagonist. Having dark clothing suggests a lot about the character and reinforces the idea of a villainous characterisation. The clothing I have decided to use for my antagonist is a black leather jacket and jeans. This will be accompanied by a white vest/shirt and a red scarf or bandana. Having a red scarf / bandana suggests hatred and evil however implies love aswell which suggests the character once was good a suggests the goodness in everybody.




Protagonist 

 - A prop which sets them apart from other characters. Although this is a normal toy gun it can be made to look like a realistic weapon through the use of spray paint. Why would this set the protagonist apart? I intend to spray all the guns I buy black, however i will make the protagonist's gun distinctively different from the others making the protagonist different from the other characters. From my research i found that having a distinctive piece of equipment is common E.g. Indiana Jones' whip and captain America's shield.


The clothing o have decided to use for my main character is a military shirt (green) as it help emphasise the main character's past of serving in the military. He will have black Combat trousers and boots. He may even have a worn jacket and a face mask which helps protect his face. Generally the mise-en-scene here uses light colours yet occasionally dark colours are used to suggest a darker side for the character and that he will do anything to get his brother back. 




Rest of the cast 
I have briefly summed up in a previous blog post the look i want for my other characters to look like. However generally everyone should have dirty and teared clothes as it then effectively reinforces the idea of a wasteland and a dystopia world 



No comments:

Post a Comment