Friday 5 January 2018

Drafting and Planning : Film distributor choice and the effect this will have on Ancillary products.

Deciding on my film distributor will impact on many thing such as audience viewing and the magazine cover. An independent film will most likely not appear on the front cover of  a movie magazine such as 'Empire' or 'Total Film' due to them having an independent distributer. however films with independent distribution can appear on the front of some movie magazines such as Little white lies. Little white also features major films as their main feature. Little white lies tends to focus 
more on niche audience of fans of films and directors.

Now that I know about the distributer's effect on magazine covers I should be careful selecting my distributer however should still pick the magazine that i feel is still appropriate. For this i will need to research into the movie magazines to see what they consistently feature, their target audience and if my film would be featured here.

I should begin looking into different distributers, independent or major, to see which one would fund my type of film. I may find that more then distributer is needed for my trailer therefore creating a larger funding for the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment