Thursday 4 January 2018

Research into Similar Products : Kaleo, 'I Can't Go On Without You'

From doing my Snapchat survey for my trailer the majority said that 'Gimme Shelter' By the 'Rolling Stones' would my trailer best due to its upbeat tempo and it lyrics which i agreed upon. However one of the people doing the survey, who I trust greatly and who has knowledge of my intentions and aims for my trailer, suggested another song.  'I Can't Go On Without You' by Kaleo.

From listening to this song i have discovered that it is suitable for the action genre and the lyrics correspond to the plot of the trailer itself. "I can't go on without you" suggesting Grey, cannot go on until he has found his brother Liam, which is the main plot point of the film. From 3:40 the Song moves into a segment that would fit perfectly for the fighting scenes within the trailer. Now I am in a predicament to decide which song is better for my trailer type, therefore I will conduct another survey where the audience will decide what they feel is the best fit for the trailer. Below is an analyse of the song.


The song begins with whistling and a slightly eerie vibe which i think would suit the landscape panning shot. The whistling suggests a sinister and creepy vibe. Primarily I will be using this song from 3:40 as this is where the song is most powerful.

We don't want that
We don't want that
We don't want that
Oh no


I can't, I can't, I can't go on without you
I can't go on without you, oh lord
Go on without you, ooh ooh
I can't go on without you babe
Yeah


These are some of the lyrics for the song
'I can't go on without you' would suggest that Grey cannot move on without him getting his brother back. It implicates a tight bond between the two. There is also the suggestion that Grey cannot cannot survive without his brother and that they depend on one another to survive. If they lose one another then they lose the only person they can ever truely trust. 'We don't want that' could suggest that this is something thy have be desperately trying to avoid.

From listening i can definitely see it fitting into my trailer. Furthermore doing another survey will help me determine which song to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment