Friday 23 February 2018

Drafting and Planning: Drafting Poster

Now i have begun looking at my ancillaries and have researched and drafted my magazine ideas I now need to begin looking at how i want to construct my poster. From my research i have looked at a variety of posters that have the protagonist and the antagonist on either side of the poster.

There is going to be an invisible split down the middle of the poster separating the two characters from one another. For this poster I intend to use black and white as my primary colour scheme as this connotes the dark themes of the movie. Furthermore it makes the cover stand out and makes it eye catching due to the lack of colour. I thought i could use the design to separate the protagonist and antagonist to show that these two characters are different to each other and are clearly at odds with each other. Also at the two characters used will of course be the main protagonist and main antagonist and I wanted to showcase this by putting them on the poster. 

As you can see from the badly drawn example above that I want to replicate something similar to the posters I have researched in by having both the protagonist and antagonist as the central figures of the poster. My inspiration for this idea comes from various different posters such as: 

 All of these posters in corporate the use of central figures, as any poster should, however some have just used the head of the characters instead of the entire body is the primary inspiration for my main image. However other posters like MAD MAX : Fury Road has inspired the typography for my poster as it uses a post - apocalyptic look which goes with the film. This means I will have to research into typography to find the appropriate font for my poster. Poster below:


The typography above appears to look like graffiti and looks hand drawn emphasizing the post apocalyptic setting. The title looks torn, smashed and broken which is another emphasize on the setting. From researching into typography i have found Some Fonts i like and will explore in another blog post. So for a first draft this poster is something that I already really like and looks really cool and effective. I think if i were to follow something along these lines i think it would really help the feel and overall design of my trailer. This particular design i believe would also be very effective because of its design, simplistic colour scheme and images.





No comments:

Post a Comment