Wednesday 28 March 2018

Drafting and Planning : Final changes to trailer

Before handing in the final draft of my trailer, I wanted to make a few more changes which were suggested by my target audience. Firstly, I need to add credits at the end of the trailer which is something i remembered as a primary convention of a trailer. Second was to mess around with sound to see if the final few scenes will flow better sound wise.



As it is conventional I have now added the final credits to the trailer. Firstly, this will give my trailer a realistic look and I wrote the date which I had specified on the film poster so that all of the products shared the same information. As well as this, I placed the hashtag #EnterTheCloud at the bottom of the second  intertitle, as many film trailers and advertisements now do this so that audiences can talk about the film via social media. This is a clever way of marketing the film through word of mouth, and it is also completely free.


However this had extended my trailer quite a bit From 2:33 to 2:40 which isn't really conventional but there have been some film trailers like the justice league which had a 3 minute trailer so its not necessarily a problem and we could blame the extended time on film logos etc. 


I decided to make the voice at the end of the trailer work better, due the the target audience feeling it is out of place, i decided to slow down the voice by 1/10 of its original speed this made it go deeper and suited the Stephen's Antagonist better by making him have a deep and sinister voice. 

Altogether I used around 14 seconds of copyrighted music:

- Can't go on without you - By Kaleo during the fight scene at the end 


With these changes, I have now finished my trailer as well as my ancillary products!!


No comments:

Post a Comment