Tuesday 5 December 2017

Organisation : Props

Of course as you know I decided to get some props to enhance the look and feel of the trailer. As you know the main props I wanted to get were guns. My main aim for wanting to use the guns was so that the genre of the film could be emphasised and the world that the main characters live in is represented as one where they must carry guns for their own safety. 






I decided to spray pain the guns silver to create a more realistic effect onto them. This also means are attention won't be drawn to them in the trailer. I also added variations of of weapons so it doesn't look like we've used the same guns through and bought a gun that appears to be futuristic which is okay to have in my production as i have left the time period ambiguous. 




I have also included two distinct bottles both having a name on and belonging to the two brothers Grey and Liam. These won't be anything major but will appear from time to time even when grey will be drinking from his or his brother's bottle will be used to emphasise a part of the story line The bottles are actually quite representation as the one with Grey on it is blue suggesting a depressing life or existence and has no lid implying he is unhinged as a character 



Another prop I intend to use is a bag. This will also suggest the idea of an apocalypse and shows how people carry their belongs with them if the have no permanent residence. 


These are just a few of the props that i think would be useful to have in my production. There were other props i was going to put down on this list but felt that they came more under costume. However I am pleased with how the production is coming together as i nearly have all of the aesthetic and visual items ready for filming. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment