Saturday 20 January 2018

Research into Similar Products/Organisation: Universal

Universal Studios was founded 105 years ago in 1912 and is the oldest surviving film studio in the United States, the world's fourth oldest after Gaumont, Pathé and Nordisk Film. Universal is owned by Comcast through the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group division NBC Universal. Its studios are located in Universal City, California, and its corporate offices are located in New York City. It is one of Hollywood's "Big Six" studios.

 The reason I think that this production company is suitable for my trailer is because it is responsible for Oblivion a 2013 action and adventure film set in a world that has seen turmoil and strife.  It recieved generally good reviews by critics and audiences overall. Universal produces a lot of action films and i do feel like it would fit my film. 

A lot of franchises have been made by Universal like Jurassic park. I think my film would fit in with these franchises. However other similar films to mine have been made by smaller companies and i am not sure whether my film would fit in with large films like these. 


If i was to go with this production company then this would be featured in my trailer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment