Saturday 17 February 2018

Organisation/Drafting and Planning: Masthead.

I have now begun to construct my magazine however before I decide what I want to appear on my magazine I need to be able to create a realistic looking Empire magazine cover. To begin I have decided to figure out the positioning of the magazines masthead
To find the appropriate location and size for the masthead I took the masthead and placed it on a plain white document. I took an existing Empire cover and placed it over the masthead. This completely covered the masthead. I made the cover 50% transparent which revealed the masthead underneath that I am going to use for my cover. This then allowed me to organise my masthead in the proper position and is the starter for making my magazine. 

However whilst doing this I thought about colour scheme for my magazine and decided on a few different colour combination that I would like to try to see which one best suits. From looking at other Empire magazines I have found that the masthead has a different colour to help accommodate the colour scheme. The colours I intend to use are either:

  • Red, black, white and blue 
  • Green, Black and White 
After thinking about this I have thought that the best colour for my Masthead would be black on a contrasting background which would make it stand out and let the audience know immediately who 
the magazine is by!

I have managed to find a black masthead which i can use for my magazine. I will experiment with different colours to see which suits it best. 



No comments:

Post a Comment