Sunday 25 March 2018

Drafting and planning : Poster development and final changes


Poster Photos










These are the photos I took to use for my poster, however I am not going to put them into my poster like this. I have used page plus to edit these photos to make them look like my desired way. From my research i desire to create a poster where the two faces are split in two and but together in the centre of the poster. However, i do not intend for them to meet in the making of the poster as this may give the audience the wrong idea and make them think they are allied with one another when this is not the case. the gap between them will symbolise them as being different from one another and polar opposites. When i edited these photos in page plus i thought this actually looked better.
I have already completed most of my poster, bar the photographs. I made sure I looked back at research to ensure i made it look as professional and realistic as possible and included all the conventions you would expect to find on a poster.

 
- The tagline at the top of the page is a convention used to sell the film from the poster and it and opportunity for the films creator to make the film memorable to the audience. For mine I used 'Hunt Before You're Hunted' as i think this is easily remembered as it uses a play on two words very similar. The typography also draws the audience's attention due to its typography as it appearance looks as if it had been vandalised by someone living within my film. This makes it stand out.


- I have added the actor's names at the top of the poster. This is also a major convention for a poster as this may also draw audience's in as well known actors may have a large fan base which will increase the viewing of the film. Actors can also have titles such as 'Academy Award Winner' or 'Golden Globe Winner' which is another way of reeling in audience members as they will see this as an Oscar worthy film and that the acting will be up to that level. I haven't included this on my poster as this is not a necessity and doesn't appear on all poster.



-  The most necessary convention is the title of the film is the title of the film. At the end of the day the audience is going to need to remember the title of the film therefore it needs to be the largest piece of text on the poster so it stands out and the name itself shouldn't easily stick in the minds of the audience. This is why i changed my title from ' Underneath The Mushroom Cloud' to 'Under The Cloud' as it was shorter and not too wordy. I have also used a typography that makes the words look like they are decaying and bits of debris is coming off them whilst still being able to be read.
- At the bottom of the poster I have incorporated the use of poster credits. This still gives recognition to the creators, actors and directors etc and it is rare to find a poster without them. However, it can happen. The steel tongs font is the font used for all posters and i downloaded this to make my poster look professional as possible.


- I have also included a date at the bottom so audience know when the film is being released. This creates anticipation and excitment for the film. 

Photo Editing 

I decided to crop the images half way and darken them to fit in with the colour scheme of the poster. I also rubbed out the top and bottom of the image so they fit in better with the background and look more professional. Sample below:

I have done the exact same for the other side of the poster 
Final poster 

During the process of mounting my photos on my poster i noticed some missing conventions. This was a Hashtag and a Website.

Hashtag is a form of marketing as people who use this hashtag are essentially spreading the word about the film without costing the production company a penny. Due to technological advancements and social media a film can reach millions through a hashtag. I have used the Hashtag #ENTERTHECLOUD which is a play on the title, form of direct address and teases the audience to see what happens if they go and 'ENTERTHECLOUD'.

The website allows audience's to look for more information about the film by giving them a website to look at.

  I have included the main image(s) of the characters and the film title which I placed on the poster first as I recognised how important they were for the audience to see. I then included the release date of the film at the bottom along with the credits and hashtag and website. The actors names and tagline are placed near the top of the poster, and there is a clear house style. I am very happy with my poster overall!





No comments:

Post a Comment