Saturday 3 March 2018

Organisation: Poster Construction

I have a clear idea of how i want my poster to look. I have researched into new typography's that will help support my genre and make it look as real as possible, therefore i am now ready to construct my poster. This blog post will go through the steps I took to reach my final ancillary.

I looked at my poster ideas in a previous blog post and looked at my inspirations that helped me draft my ideas for my poster. ( https://adamtoo13.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/drafting-and-planning-drafting-poster.html )

I decided a very simplistic colour scheme of black and white. This will help audiences understand that this is a dark film and suggests that people in this film have a sad and depressing life. This will also draw their attention to the poster due to its simplistic colour scheme making it standout.

I began by using page plus and having a black background for my poster. The title and text on the poster will be white so it stands out.  




















I placed the tagline  at the top and used both of the typography that i found to be suitable. I will then look to see which one bests suits the poster. On the left I used Jangly Walk font and on the left i used PIO font. At the moment i prefer Jangly walk but will see how the rest of the poster turns out. I was going to use boring lesson as a typography for my actors names and titles but whilst experimenting i discovered that the font was too large for the name of the actors and that I would have to shrink it to a smaller size. However then it was very small so i have ruled out using it.
























The names of the actors have been added in the HeadlinerNo.45 font as this makes them stand out and makes them clearer. I used the same typography for my title of my film and which i think works well with one another. I have also added the poster credits in the steel tongs font and a date in the same typography as my tagline.




No comments:

Post a Comment